Friday, July 13, 2012

4th of July


I was able to get off from work on the 4th of July! Hooray for my awesome boss.  So Justin and I went to the Rexburg parade. We were so worried we were going to miss it because we missed the Caliente, NV parade when we were down there for Memorial Day(It was only 5 minutes long and it started early).  So we ran to Main street...and we were early...and then it lasted for 2 hours. Definitely didn't miss it.  But I loved it! I haven't been to very many parades in my life, so I get so excited. I like when they throw candy out.  We meet up with one of my dear old roommates and great friend, Katie Anderson and her husband. They are awesome. She took the picture you see above for us. She also took our engagement pictures. Fun fact.


Then we went canoeing down the River with some other great friends of ours, Karen and Ty.  It was so  fun and nice to be able to just hang out and do fun things together all day with my awesome husband.




We are so excited! 

Karen and Ty


After our 4 our adventure

So I meant to put sunblock on my legs about 15 minutes in the trip...but I forgot and then two hours later I noticed some blotches on my knees. So I quickly applied some sunblock, but it was too late. The damage had already been done.

It was really painful wearing jeans and socks and boots the next couple days at work. Good times.  We did go buy an aloe plant and rubbed that on for a few days. 

But it was such a great day and we were going to watch some fireworks, but we were both so tired, we just went to bed. We also meant to set off some fireworks of our own, but forgot. A great day and I am so grateful for this country I live in. I am grateful for the freedoms we have and the wonderful opportunities. Hooray for America! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment