Monday, July 14, 2014

Rachel is married!

I went to one of my best friends wedding on July 5, 2014. It was in Calgary Alberta Canada. I drove up with 3 strangers, and stayed for about 6 days. It was so great to see Rachel Johnson; I hadn't seen her since my wedding 2 1/2 years ago. Crazy! Her husband, Mike, seems like a really great guy. I'm so happy for them! I wish them the very best. I got to meet a lot of Mike's family and a lot of Rachel's extended family. It was an exhausting, but fun-filled trip. Canada is beautiful and I thought of the tv show Heartland,  because it was so beautiful. I'm so glad I went!

Here is the couple: sealed for time and all eternity




Calgary Alberta Canada Temple

I helped build and decorate the reception. It took 2 solid days of working non-stop. I mostly did all of the lights.


It turned out great! It was a beautiful reception for a beautiful couple. 

Here I am with the beautiful couple. 




I also drove to the town High River, where Heartland is filmed. It recently got flooded, so the whole town is under renovation.  It felt like a ghost town, but it was still awesome to drive through it. I got ate by mosquitoes taking the picture above. So the rest of the pictures are taken from inside the car. 



This street is where the had a cattle drive in the show.

I also loaded up on some of my favorite Canadian candies. We also got lucky and had really nice people at the border. 

No comments:

Post a Comment