Thursday, January 10, 2013

Part II of Christmas Vacation: Caliente, NV

Our next stop was Nevada to spend the rest of our vacation with the Holt’s.  I was very sick at this point and Justin was also getting sick.  I had tonsillitis and a fever and all of that fun stuff.  Mama Holt took good care of me.  The drive down was a little sketchy because it was snowing and the roads struggled – but we made it safe and sound!

Christmas for me was a little different this year because they have different traditions than what I grew up with, but it was still fun.  We slept in this Christmas because it was just Justin and I and his parents.  So we slept in, ate a good breakfast and then Chantel and Eric (Justin’s brother) and their two kids came over and we all opened presents.  Justin got me an awesome .22 target shooter that we set up the next week and had contests shooting.  Justin also got me another wild rag  (blue) that I was needing to help keep me warm – I love my wild rag! I got Justin a sweet gun case that holds two guns with scopes and a card game that he actually likes to play.

Other highlights from the trip:
  •        Justin and Mark taking turns to build me a fire to keep me warm each night
  •            Snowmobiling up in the mountains.  We only had about 1 ½ before it got dark, but it was very fun.  Then we fixed Chauncey’s truck, which took a long long time and I almost froze to death but then my awesome rugged husband built me a fire so I didn’t freeze.
  •          Playing our new card game (Five Crowns) with Justin’s parents
  •         Justin really enjoyed fixing the snowmobiles with Eric
  •          Justin and I had a shooting contest with my new target. It was so fun! I beat him 2 out of 3 times with my new .22 rifle that my amazing parents had just gotten me for my birthday.
  •          Being able to look through the amazing wedding albums that my mom made for us and shipped out to us. Incredible! They will last forever and it is just the most beautiful gift!
  •          We got to play basketball with a bunch of Justin’s friends one morning
  •           Delicious and endless amounts of food and treats and snacks
  •           Being with family
  •         Just hanging out and relaxing
  •         Football games and western movies
  •         Naps and snuggling by the fire


New Year’s was also very different and very chill.  I wasn’t able to bang on pots and pans (a Goodson tradition) because there were some sleeping children in the house.  But Justin and I did watch the ball drop and then watched a couple of Twilight Zone episodes to help me keep some Goodson traditions alive.


Justin is so excited

His new awesome gun case

Here we are on Christmas Day

The crew that came to open presents with us


Same picture as before but this time with Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment