Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Elimination Diet

It has been a little over a week since I have started my elimination diet. I am doing this to try to cure myself of all my weird sicknesses/issues. I hope it works. I can only eat meat and certain fruits and vegetables. It. Is. Hard. But I know it will be worth it in the end. Here are some things that have happened:

- I dream about food all the time now. haha I don't think I have ever dreamed about food until now (and then I wake up craving whatever food I was dreaming about).
- Going shopping in a store is killer (especially now that Halloween is upon us) because I see all the delicious foods and candies that I cannot have. It's like I am being tortured.
- Sweet potato fries are the best thing that has ever happened
- When I smell food that is not part of my diet, it is so yummy...just to smell
- I have to get up 30 minutes earlier than I normally do because it takes me forever to make and eat breakfast
- It also takes me much longer to make my lunches for work
- I eat constantly but not very large amounts
- I will suddenly be starving and then I get full if I eat a carrot
- I eat bacon everyday (delicious)
- I have only been super cranky one day due to my sugar withdrawal (it's like I'm going through rehab- sugar is a drug)
- Our food bill has doubled and probably will quadruple by the end of the month

Things I crave:
- rolls
- pizza
- candy corn (everyday)

So it's an exciting adventure. I'm excited to be healthy again! It will be worth it. I will appreciate food a lot more after this.

On a side note, I got really sick the night of the first day I started this diet. What a coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment